Guidelines on Automated individual decision-making and Profiling for the purposes
The GDPR introduces new provisions to address the risks arising from profiling and automated decision-making, notably, but not limited to, privacy. The purpose of these guidelines is to clarify those provisions.
This document covers:
- Definitions of profiling and automated decision-making and the GDPR approach to these in
general – Chapter II
- General provisions on profiling and automated decision-making – Chapter III
- Specific provisions on solely automated decision-making defined in Article 22 – Chapter IV
- Children and profiling – Chapter V
- Data protection impact assessments and data protection officers– Chapter VI
The Annexes provide best practice recommendations, building on the experience gained in EU Member States.